Admission letters for 2020/2021 New Students have been send to respective e-mails provided during application, kindly check or come and collect it at the Bomet University College.
THE 1ST BOMET UNIVERSITY COLLEGE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
25TH TO 27TH MARCH 2020
Bomet University College is a constituent college of Moi University situated in Bomet County, Kenya. The University College’s vision is to be a premier green university, oriented in Applied Science, Technology and Innovation. As an integral part, all academic programmes and processes must incorporate green technology components for sustainability.
2. Rationale for the Conference
The present environmental, social and economic issues and facts have created awareness on the kind of impact that they will have on future generations as envisioned in SDGs, Agenda 2063, Vision 2030, and the Big 4 Agenda. These have initiated necessity of going green and being sustainable which has created an increased demand for green services and products. Going green is important especially for the developing economies because of its population growth and natural wastage. It is therefore crucial to create a sustainable future. The present generation of consumers and manufacturers are responsible for the climate change and the rectification of this catastrophy can happen if we go green in all sectors. This green concept is used in effective management of energy, education, service industries and other fields in the society. Higher education plays a vital role in research, teaching and community outreach. The society needs to understand the associations and links between the environment, conserving energy, ecology and economy. Universities therefore play a crucial role in engaging with the society’s problems and providing solutions. This noble assignment has necessitated the planning of this 1st BUC International Conference whose objectives are as follows:
i. To improve the scientific and policy frameworks of green sustainability.
ii. To provide a platform to disseminate results of researches and current undertakings among key actors on Green sustainability.
iii. To engage stakeholders on effective modes of collaboration towards further strengthening capacities in green sustainability and other related methodologies and tools.
iv. To document conference proceedings in order to capture key lessons from the event and opportunities for future collaboration.
v. To clarify the role of the various stakeholders and to collate and synthesize available technical analyses relevant for the implementation of natural capital green sustainability.
3. Conference outputs
• Compendium of submitted abstracts, full papers, and posters on green sustainability
• Publishing Book of Conference Proceedings.
• Networking, benchmarking and creation of partnerships among the participants in building capacities in their sectors.
4. THEME: TRANSFORMING SOCIETY THROUGH GREEN SUSTAINABILITY
i. Transforming Education through Green Sustainability
• Internationalization of higher education
• Curriculum reforms and innovation
• ICT integration in education
ii. Transforming Ecosystems through Green Sustainability
• Renewable Energy
• Climate Change
• Waste Management
• Land Resources Management
iii. Green Sustainability for the Next Business Frontier
• Agribusiness and food security
• Entrepreneurship and SMEs
• Internships and Apprenticeship
• New Sustainable Industries
• Supply Chain Management
iv. Transforming Governance and Risk Management through Green Sustainability
• National Values
• Political Economics
• Policy Issues
• International(Global) Development Agenda
• National Development Agenda
v. Transforming Culture through Green Sustainability
• Religion and Culture
• Communication and Language
The BUC Conference committee
A new Students Governing Council of Bomet University College was sworn in on 15th October 2019.
|Chairman to SGC Kelvin Kimereng being sworn in||Vice-Chairperson Stancy Bosibori being sworn in||Secretary General Oliver Odhiambo taking Oath of Office|
Kelvin Kimereng is the Chairman of the Council and Deputised by Stancy Bosibori. The Secretary General position has been retained by Oliver Odhiambo and the Finance docket was taken over by Augustine Baraza. Other officials who will serve in the Students’ Governing Council include; Co-curricular Secretary by Philip Ambunya, Academic Secretary Linus Simiyu, Welfare and Special needs Secretary Frank Odhiambo among others.
The Principal Prof. Anne K. Nangulu who was accompanied by Her Deputies Prof. Loice Maru in charge of Administration and Planning (A&F), Prof. George Orwa in charge of Academics and Student affairs (A&SA) congratulated the new officials and applauded students for carrying out peaceful elections.
The Principal urged the Student leaders to abide by the BUC mandate as stipulated in the student handbook. The incoming Chairman thanked the administration and student fraternity and promised to deliver their mandate.
The Principal Prof. Anne Nangulu
|The Deputy Principal (A&SA) Prof. George Orwa||The Deputy Principal (A&F) Prof. Loice Maru.|
This is to inform ALL students that Special/supplementary examinations will begin
from 12 th - 19 th August, 2019 for the academic year that 2018/2019. The timetables for the
examinations are available at the schools. Students who will be sitting for
supplementary exams are required to pay Ksh. 400 per paper. However those who will
be sitting for special exams should ensure that any pending fee balances are cleared.
The National Training Manager SEALS, ICL county cordinator ,ICL county program manager visit BUC students affairs division on 24th January,2019 to discuss the full roll out of the program for BUC students.
Bomet University Students organisation will be holding its first ever election of Student Governing Council and Congress.
The activity will be held on Friday 15th February, 2019.
Bomet University College SGC candidates undergo a sensitisation session by the Student Electoral Commission.7 February 2019, 11:57 am
NEW ADVERT NEW ADVERT NEW ADVERT NEW ADVERT
Bomet University College (BUC) is a Constituent College of Moi University, established through the Legal Notice No. 145 of 27th July 2017. BUC is located in Bomet County. BUC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates as advertised on the daily newspaper dated 21st July 2020 and the details of the advert are available for download as follows.
NEW TENDERS AS AT 21ST JULY, 2020.
Click on the following links to download the tender document.
1. ADDENDUM FOR TENDER NOTICE.
2. TENDER FOR SUPPLY, INSTALLATION AND COMMISIONING OF SOLAR SYSTEM.
3. TENDER FOR SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF FENCING MATERIALS AND FENCING.
4. TENDER FOR RENOVATION OF THE ADMINISTRATION AND ACADEMIC BUILDINGS AT SIGOR CAMPUS.
5. TENDER FOR INSTALLATION OF INTERNET CONNECTIVITY.
6. TENDER FOR PROVISION OF LEGAL SERVICES.
7. TENDER FOR PROVISION OF SECURITY FACILITIES.
1. ADDENDUM NO.1 FOR EXTENSION OF ABLUTION BLOCK.
2. ADDENDUM NO.2 FOR EXTENSION OF ABLUTION BLOCK AND KITCHENETTE.
3. ADDENDUM NO.1 FOR FABRICATION OF EQUIPMENT AND STORAGE FACILITY.
4. TENDER FOR EXTENSION OF ABLUTION BLOCK.
5. TENDER FOR FABRICATION OF CONTAINERS.
1. BOREHOLE DRILLING, INSTALLATION OF WATER PUMP AND HIGH LEVEL STORAGE TANK AT BOMET UNIVERSITY COLLEGE.
2. LEVELLING OF SPORTS GROUNDS AND DE-COMMISSIONING OF DUMP SITE FOR BOMET UNIVERSITY COLLEGE.
3. PROVISION OF CLEANING SERVICES (IN – HOUSE CLEANING).
4. SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF ASSORTED FURNITURE AND OFFICE ACCESSORIES.
5. SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF LIBRARY BOOKS.
6. SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF STORAGE FACILITIES 40’ HIGH CUBE DRY.
7. SUPPLY, INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING OF SOLAR PANELS.
8. TENDER DOCUMENT FOR PROVISION OF SECURITY SERVICES.
9. TENDER FOR SUPPLY, INSTALLATION TESTING AND COMMISSIONING OF AN INTERGRATED ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING (ERP) SOFT WARE SOLUTION.
ADDENDUM FOR THE ABOVE TENDERS (this will form part of the tender document)
1. ADDENDUM FOR BOREHOLE DRILLING, INSTALLATION OF WATER PUMP AND HIGH LEVEL STORAGE TANK AT BOMET UNIVERSITY COLLEGE.
2. ADDENDUM 1 FOR PROVISION OF CLEANING SERVICES (IN-HOUSE CLEANING).
3. (UPDATE)ADDENDUM 2 FOR PROVISION OF CLEANING SERVICES (IN – HOUSE CLEANING).
4. ADDENDUM FOR SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF ASSORTED FURNITURE AND OFFICE ACCESORIES.
5. ADDENDUM PDF/ADDENDUM FOR SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF LIBRARY BOOKS.
6. ADDENDUM FOR SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF STORAGE FACILITIES 40’ HIGH CUBE DRY CONTAINERS.
7. ADDENDUM 1 FOR SUPPLY INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING OF SOLAR PANELS.
8. (UPDATE)ADDENDUM 2 FOR SUPPLY INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING OF SOLAR PANELS.
1. Download the tender document for provision of Implementation Support for the Feasibility, Design and Construction of Captive Grid-Connected PPP 10MW Solar Plant at Bomet University College. ** Please note page 32, under scope of work. As a turnkey project, the winning bidder will first carry out a feasibility study then seek and negotiate for financing, build, operate and transfer the PPP project .**
2. Download the tender document for request for proposal for supply, installation, testing and commissioning of an integrated enterprise resource planning (ERP) system for Bomet University College - 30th October 2018.
3. Download advert for re-advertisement of provision of Solar Project under Public-Private Partnership (PPP) and Proposal for supply, installation, testing and commissioning of an intergrated ERP system for Bomet University College.
4. Download tender document for provision of consultancy services in undertaking a feasibility study, designing and construction of a Public Private Partnership (PPP) grid connected solar plant at Bomet University College.